Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

#TheQuench: New Law Says Commercial Volume Must Be Turned Down

About Damn Time.


3 cheers for whoever made this law possible.

 I'm positive I'm not the only person who's fell asleep with the TV on only to awake to an uber obnoxious commercial blasting at my membrane 10x louder than the volume of normal.

I've come too close to throwing a heavy object at my TV as a result of this.

Thankfully, an angel has come down and answered my prayers:

CALM stands for Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation. The act is designed to prevent TV commercials from blaring at louder volumes than the program content they accompany. The rules govern broadcasters as well as cable and satellite operators.
 The rules are meant to protect viewers from excessively loud commercials.
Apparently, this became law years ago, but the FCC wanted to give the industry some time to ease in.

Well, times up.

Turn that mess down!!



No comments:

Post a Comment