Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

#TheQuench: Being Adopted - My Story [Pics]


Talk about a REBIRTH! 



Many don't know, but I was adopted at birth by two beautiful and absolutely giving parents. (One of them my namesake.) 

I'm proud to say, on Good Friday, I was found by my birth mother and my FIVE brothers and sisters. And Easter Sunday, I met them all for the first time! 

There were many tears, LOTS of jokes, and unforgettable memories. We ate, we sang, and we rejoiced. There was relief on both sides. For me, it was knowing that I wasn't a secret. My family found me. Never in my mind, was that option palpable. And yet, a single Facebook message away, here we are. And now, I know that my birth mother had made the only choice that benefited us both.  

I've always known that I was adopted. And though there was always a shadow of mystery shrouding my life, in a way I knew they were there. I say I have the greatest Guardian Angels. (For the tribulations in my life, I knew there had to be multiple angels.)  And boy, was I right!

Now, I have a bushel of nieces and nephews! Family I've never met are pouring in and showing love. We are now complete.

Living to meet the woman who gave me life & introduce her to the woman who let me live is something I've prayed for my entire life. God is good. This day is unreal. And I am blessed and highly favored. 

My journey is far from over.

 As I move forward and allow the dust to settle, the vision for my life is now illuminated. The shaky foundation I'd created for myself- about my history,  has been reinforced. I now know that I come from a long line of strong Bahamian women. We are beautiful, resilient,  talented, God-fearing, and prayerful. Faith surrounded my family and filled the hole in our hearts until we were able to reunite and become whole as a completed work of art.

Hallelujah! 

P.S.: The biggest sign of love was seen through my parents. They opened their home and hearts to my birth family.  Their openness made this experience unforgettable and I've never felt so blessed to have been raised and nurtured by these individuals. 

CARL & VIVIAN WEBSTER: You are my heart!!



My first picture with my Mother


My family (Missing: 1 older brother)


4 comments:

  1. You love owls and one of your sisters is wearing an owl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice that! Wow. There were so many similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juice, that is so awesome. I'm really happy for you. Thanks for sharing this story! :-)

    ReplyDelete